Monday, June 22, 2009

October 30- Trick or treat, Daddy!


We went to Daddy’s office today to practice trick or treating. I figured the kids would have fun walking around with their buckets, saying “hi” to everyone. As soon as we walked into Michael’s office, Sterling dropped his bucket and went running to his Daddy’s lap. It was hands down one of the sweetest, most excited shows of affection I’ve ever seen. So cute!
I know this is a picture that will make Michael’s parents very proud. In every office on an Army installation there are pictures showing the chain of command. The highest in the chain of command being our president, the commander in chief, of course. It proceeds to work its way down from Capitol Hill, to the highest-ranking members of the unit. I can only imagine that years ago a little boy from a small town in Alabama had no idea he would grow up to share wall space with the President of the United States. I'm proud of you, 1SG!
After trick or treating at Michael’s office we had to swing by the commissary to stock up for our party this weekend. I’m so glad I finally had my camera in my pocket (not often one goes grocery shopping with a camera, right?). Often when we’re going to or from the commissary the helicopters in the airfield are coming or going. Since the airfield is literally right across the street from the commissary, we hear all their engines roaring and it completely captures Sterling’s attention. He loves watching those giant “birds” take flight.

No comments: