Thursday, June 25, 2009

December 7- Lunch at Chili's


This morning we drove to Osan Airbase to get a little Christmas shopping done, and enjoy lunch at the Chili’s restaurant on base. We ordered one of our favorite appetizers, spinach artichoke dip and chips. Ella went nuts over the dip. A double dipper she is. She used her chip more as a spoon to scoop up bite after bite of dip. I agree sweetheart, YUM!
Looks like I got a date with the cutest boy in town. Sterling and Mommy really enjoyed the American restaurant food!
After lunch we headed down to the “ville” just outside the base gates. A shopper’s paradise! Anything and everything you could possibly want you can find on the streets of Korea!
Okay, I have truly, 100% become a Korean mother now. I bought this great wearable blanket last week. It’s actually a really great idea, albeit, not the greatest fashion accessory. It’s a blanket you wear wrapped around you and baby when your little one is in a carrier. I can’t tell you how glad I am I bought this hideous looking thing. I finally had enough of all the Korean grandmothers stopping me on the street and scolding me that the babies’ legs were cold while they were on my back. I couldn’t fight them anymore, so I just joined them. Know what? Not one single person stopped and yelled at me today (and admittedly, it is pretty nice and cozy for both baby and mommy under there)!
Anyone who has ever been to Asia knows how prevalent the black market is in this part of the world. Anything can be found on the black market. Sadly, yes, human trafficking is all too real here, but other, less ominous goods can also be found on the streets. Designer handbags, scarves, clothing, you name it. Even food! I about dies when I stumbled upon this store in the ville today. Do any of the items in this picture look familiar? They should! It was a virtual American mini mart with American brand chips, cookies, and soaps, etc.! I shudder to think how much Pringles sell for on the streets.

No comments: