Monday, June 22, 2009

November 04- Meet your new president little ones...


Today little ones, I am so proud for you to be an American. Today was a day that shall forever be remembered in the history books. One day your grandchildren will look at you in awe and say ‘You were alive then?’ Yes, today little ones a young (black) Chicago Senator was elected US President. Today our nation took the words of our forefathers and turned them into actions. Today the dreams of great men and woman like Martin Luther King Jr., Linda Brown, Frederick Douglas, Jesse Jackson, John F. Kennedy, Rosa Parks (from your native Alabama), Dred Scott, and Harriet Tubman, to name a few, came to fruition. Remember these names children. Know these names, and know that the causes they worked so tirelessly for were not in vain. Know that today another name can be added to the list of greats; the name of our newly elected president, Barack Obama. What a momentous day to be an American. You will grow up in a country that truly believes in equality. You will now grow up to believe that no matter the color of your skin, the religion of your choice, your gender, your background; nothing can keep you from accomplishing great things. When I was pregnant I worried many a nights about what kind of a world I would be bringing my children into. Today my faith is renewed. Today I believe that you will have every opportunity to grow up to know no boundaries, to do great things, to reach amazing heights. Today I cried. I cried precious tears of joy for our beautiful country. God bless America!

No comments: