Friday, June 26, 2009

December 23- Sister's day out


Since Michael was home for the day Jennifer and I were able to get to downtown Wonju without the babies in tow. I think this was a better experience for my sister (no one hit her).
We had lots of fun looking in all the little shops and twisting our way down the dark alleys of the market area.
We found some great knock off UGG boats for less than 20 bucks that neither one of us could pass up! Jennifer even put hers on right there in the market!
Aren’t these cakes unbelievable? I can’t get over all the beautiful cakes being sold in the bakeries for Christmas. Yes, we had to buy one of these awesome Christmas cakes from Baskin Robbins.
Look who came to Wonju! The two skinny Korean Santa’s! I was so excited to get my picture taken with the Santa’s…smile and say “kimchi”!
Ahjeemahs selling beans on the street.
Ella and her aunt model the knock off UGGs we found today.
When we bought our Christmas cake today, they gave us this free hat. I thought it was so funny!
And today I’ll try walking a mile in my Daddy’s shoes. Looks like I’ve got some pretty big shoes to fill.
Look what is all lit up in downtown Wonju!

We went to Outback steakhouse for dinner tonight. Sure, Jenn could eat Outback in the states, but its kind of fun to say you’ve eaten at an Outback in Asia! As many things are similar between Outback here and Outback in the states, there are still some differences. For example, if you order a kids meal they bring you a fresh homemade juice for the kids. You have your choice of Watermelon, Mango, Papaya, or Pineapple juice. I ordered a pineapple juice for the kids, which they loved. It was really thick (think something like just throwing fresh pineapple in a blender), but once I added water to it, they really enjoyed it.
You look like a monkey, Ellabell!
Our meal was perhaps a little longer than the kids can handle sitting through. Luckily, we’re in Korea; where they just love babies, especially the blonde headed, blue eyed type. I think Jennifer was really surprised how people reacted to the kids getting bored and fussy. In the states, most people tend to give you the stink eye when your kids get fussy in a restaurant. Here, they brought on toys for them to play with! Worked like a charm! They were happily entertained while the adults finished up their meals. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Korea and how much I’m going to miss this accommodating treatment when we leave here?
Look at that little tongue poking out. I love it! He’s so deep in concentration! I really wish I could find one of these darn toys that will ship here. I looked everywhere before Christmas, scouring the Internet trying to find someone who will ship one of these bead threading toys here, but no one will! They all say they’ll ship to APOs, but when I enter our address, they won’t ship! If anyone finds somewhere that really will ship this toy to us, please message me and let me know!
Tia and Bella hit the streets of downtown Wonju to check out the nightlife scene.

No comments: