Thursday, June 25, 2009

December 20- Girls Weekend Part II


Today began another exciting girls weekend in Seoul with Lyndsay and Sarah. Sadly, this will be our last weekend away as a trio, as Lyndsay will be heading back to the states at the end of the month. Korea simply will not be the same without you Lynds…
After sitting in traffic for 5 hours (that’s no typo) I finally made it to the Dragon Hill Lodge on Yongsan Army base. I don’t even want to begin to rehash exactly how much I hate Korean traffic. Luckily for me, the hotel was all dressed up in its holiday finest, which immediately put me in a festive mood…perhaps a little too festive. You have to understand, it just hasn’t felt like Christmas this year with no Christmas lights, or department stores dressed up for the holidays. I was so excited to see all the twinkling lights, and gaudy displays including this bizarre one of Santa lounging in front of the tree.
After meeting up with the girls we headed to Seoul’s international neighborhood, Itaewon for dinner at an Italian restaurant called Timo where we feasted on all sorts of yummy food stuffs like caprese salad and incredible wood oven pizzas with gorgonzola cheese! We also may have had one or two glasses of wine…
We actually were trying to locate a French restaurant mentioned in my Frommers book, but got too cold to walk any further when we stumbled upon this little restaurant, which I now highly recommend! Located behind the Hamilton hotel for anyone familiar with the neighborhood.
The best part about this restaurant hands down has to be that each seat has a cozy blanket waiting for you to put in your lap. It was awesome! We were freezing when we arrived, and those lap blankets looked like heaven!
Remember that wine I mentioned? Clearly we don’t get out enough. This is as wild and crazy as we three mamas could manage on our night away from the kids. Posing in front of Christmas trees…what nerds!
He’s making his list and checking it twice, so I had to mention that I knew a couple of very sweet babies who had been very good all year long! And I have no idea why he’s pointing at me?
Yes, I’m a dork.

No comments: