Monday, June 29, 2009

January 31- Our day with triplets


Today was our turn to watch Eve while her Mom and Dad went on the DMZ tour. The idea of 3 toddlers under 2 sounds daunting, but in reality, we had a great time! Michael and I kept looking at each other saying, “too bad we didn’t have triplets, this is easy”. Of course, I’m pretty sure that as hard as the newborn age was with twins, I would’ve gone nutso with triplets. God clearly knew what he was doing. So, after Eve woke up we walked down to our house to join Ella and Sterling. The three of them did what Ella and Sterling do every morning while I’m making breakfast…watch an Einstein video in bed while drinking their milks. Looks like Eve pretty much just fit right in, huh? It was a pajama party!
Aren’t pancake breakfast’s better when shared with a crowd?
I swear this picture isn’t posed at all. What are the odds I would catch all three of them taking a sip of their milk at the exact same moment? I just thought that was funny. One for all and all for one!
Just a picture so Sarah and Kevin can see their daughter really did have a good time and was okay while they were away. She did so well! All these kids seem to be at that developmental age where they experience some separation anxiety when Mommy and Daddy are gone. Don’t get me wrong, Eve certainly missed her parents. Several times she’d pick up her boots and run to the door calling “Mommy!” like, “I think I need to go now. I hear my mother calling me”. And of course, she woke up from her nap calling for “Daddy”, but we never had any tears, and the rest of the time she was just delighted to play with Ella and Sterling. We’re happy to keep Evie any day she’s such a charmer!
Catching a break from all the playing to watch a little cartoon together. All that playing can tire a person out you know!
Sterling’s just like his Mommy, his eyes get bigger and bigger as he gets sleepier and sleepier.
We played, and we played, and we played until all three babies were ready for their nap. They all went down together at 1pm like usual and left Michael and I with a quiet afternoon (and time to clean up all the toys!). It’s soooooo convenient having them all on the same schedule. This wouldn’t be nearly as easy otherwise.
After their naps, their energy was restored, and they were ready to go full force again. We took all the babies to our local park so they could run, jump, slide, swing, bounce, and climb till their little hearts content. Of course, sliding is always better when you do it with a friend, right? I don’t know if you can tell from the picture or not, but Eve is right behind Sterling. They figured out how to go down the slide together, and thought that was just the bee’s knee’s…that’s what that huge smile on Sterling’s face is about. Of course, we did send Evie home damaged. As we were leaving the park I noticed she had a little bruise right below her eye. Great. I think she may have gotten Sterling’s elbow in her eye while they were sliding together. Of course, they both thought that this was such a great time that she never even cried to let me know she was hurt.
We climbed to new heights. Or at least we tried to climb to new heights.
After the park we headed back over to Outback (our favorite?) for some dinner and of course to visit with our favorite bead threading maze. We enjoyed a yummy and fun dinner with the 3 babes before heading home for quick baths and night-nights. You can imagine that after such a busy day, nary a baby made a peep when they hit the cribs.

No comments: