Thursday, June 25, 2009

November 22- Shop 'till you drop


Since Ella is in need of another trim to get the bangs out of her eyes, and I’m too nervous to get that close to my child’s eyes with sharp scissors, I’ve just had to pin her bangs to the side. I don’t like it; she looks all together too old. Forget looking like a toddler, she looks like a 4 year old to me!

We’ve come back up to Seoul for the day just to bum around and possibly do a little Christmas shopping. Of course, we couldn’t possibly go all the way to Seoul and not take the kids to play on their favorite playground.
Oh yes, back to the slide. You just can’t keep a good dog down, and Ella immediately remembered where she was, and her favorite part of this playground…the slide! Up and down, up and down, up and down she went.
Michael couldn’t understand why I wanted to take this picture of the street vendors making a Korean version of peanut brittle. As I explained to him, I think this gives the quintessential flavor of Seoul. Down every street are venders selling such a wide variety of different foods from dried squid to chicken on a stick to sweet treats like this peanut brittle.
We headed down to Insadong to finish up some Christmas shopping. We shopped, and we shopped, and shopped until Sterling dropped. Good thing we had our Ergo carrier with us. This sleeping baby is too heavy to be held for any length of time anymore! Plus, I think he was pretty cozy nestled into his Mommy.

No comments: