Thursday, June 25, 2009

December 3- This is the way we grocery shop


I’ve had people ask me how I go grocery shopping with both kids. When they were little, I used to push the stroller in front of me, while I dragged the cart behind me. As they’ve gotten older, I’ve found the above arrangement works best for us. If we’re making a super quick trip just for some milk or a loaf of bread, I may just let one sit down in the belly of the cart, while the other sits in the seat of the cart, but this is what we do for our normal grocery store runs. One rides piggyback in the Ergo, while the other rides in the cart (have I ever mentioned I love that stinking carrier?). It actually works out beautifully for me. Whoever is sitting in the cart likes to throw the items into the cart. So, generally speaking, I hand Sterling my items, and he tosses them over his shoulder and into the cart. Then the baby on my back loves getting to open the doors in the freezer section! We’re a bit of a sight, I’m sure.

No comments: