Monday, June 29, 2009

February 5- Lunch at Acqui Terme


Today Sarah and I took the kids to downtown Wonju to do a little shopping in the street market and have lunch at a place we recently noticed on one of our outings. I think it never fails to amaze Michael how much time Sarah and I can spend wondering the market almost every week. There is always so much to do and see down there! And have I ever mentioned my obsession with Korean socks! They’re crazy and colorful and I love them! Anyhow, we had seen this great looking little restaurant off one of the side streets a few weeks ago, and decided we’d have to make time to go check it out. Boy am I glad we did! It was incredible! It was a gelato/waffle shop. Have you ever heard of any better combination? It’s called Acqui Terme and they offer these waffles topped with different fruits and gelatos. Yum!
We ordered several different types of waffles. We ordered a plain waffle for the kids sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, a tiramisu waffle topped with vanilla and coffee gelatos and a tangerine waffle topped with orange and raspberry gelato. This is the tangerine waffle (above). Funny, I think it kind of looks like a face. I’m not sure if that was on purpose or just me. You see it too, right?
Isn’t his place adorable? In the center of the room was a tree decorated with hundreds of little love notes. I have to hand it to Korea; their coffee shops are decorated ultra shabby chic (remember the pictures from Dr. Fish?). We arrived around noon, but were the only customers for the better part of our meal. It was great because the kids were able to wonder around from table to table checking out the view from each seat, without being disruptive to anyone else.
You know this little girl is trouble with a capitol “T”.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Korean restaurants that keep a supply of kids’ toys on hand? As soon as the three musketeers found this bead toy, all their wondering came to a halt.
Sarah and I spent the whole time we were at Acqui Terme lamenting over what a great lunch we were feeding our kids. Do we win the Mommies of the year award yet?
Open wide buddy!
This little girl was not to be fooled. Evie and Sterling were good babies and ate their waffles. Not Ella. She got a scope of gelato on her first bite, and that was the end of that. No way could I convince her to eat waffle when there was a plate full of ice cream in front of her! Can you tell how much she enjoyed it?
You can almost read Ella’s facial expression: “get you own!” Such nice sharing.

No comments: