Sunday, June 21, 2009

October 16- A sick puppy


Ella has been a sick little puppy since Tuesday. On Monday she sneezed a few times here or there, but I didn’t think much of it. By Tuesday morning when I got her out of her crib, she was literally on fire! Poor little thing had a fever, a runny nose, and a bad cough. She wouldn’t eat or drink anything Tuesday or Wednesday, then this morning she tried to drink 4 ounces of milk, which she vomited back up. She had slept in the pack-n-play next to our bed last night so I could keep an eye/ear on her. After she vomited in the pack-n-play, I put her on our bed while I was changing her sheets. Of course, then she got sick in our bed. So, by the time Michael came home from PT at 7:15am, I had been vomited on and changed sheets twice, and was bathing Ella while Sterling was hollering from the crib upstairs. A little bit of a chaotic a scene to walk into to be sure. So, Daddy decided his baby needed to get to the doctor ASAP. Off to Yongsan Army base we went to see the American pediatrician. After a ridiculously long wait to see the doctor (2.5 hours!) we were told what I already new…she has a cold…it’s a virus…there is nothing we can do but wait it out. I guess Michael just wanted to hear that from a doctor. Anyhow, we have a sick little girl, and life is no fun around our house right now.
This was Ella during the doctor’s check. Luckily she has been sleeping for a better part of this cold. I guess she’s just wiped out. She didn’t even wake up when the doctor opened her eyelids to shine a light into them! Now that’s one sick baby!

No comments: