Thursday, June 25, 2009

November 15- Girls day out


Today was supposed to be a relaxing girls day in Seoul. Sarah, Lyndsay and I headed out around 9:45 this morning for a day of shopping, gossiping, and general fun. Around 10:30am we were entering Seoul traffic when we got a phone call from Sarah’s husband saying he had an emergency meeting come up, and he didn’t know what to do with Eve during his meeting! Luckily, Michael was at home with our 2, and happy to have Eve over to play. So while we quickly finished picking up the things we had come to Seoul to purchase, Michael was at home with 3 toddlers! I have to say, if Michael hasn’t already been awarded “Father of the Year” I hereby nominate him. By the time we got home at 7, all 3 babies had been napped, fed, changed many times, and dressed and ready for bed.
For a few more pictures of our girls day out check out Lyndsay's blog:http://hallsx4.blogspot.com/

We came to Seoul to go shopping in the Insadong neighborhood. It’s a beautiful little area known as “antiques alley”. We all found lots of great and interesting gifts to ship home for the holidays! The leaves in Seoul are still a brilliant yellow, but the day turned drizzly and overcast. Thank heavens Lyndsay had to find a street vender selling umbrellas!
If the highly recognizable sign in the upstairs window doesn’t give away what this place is, I’ll gladly read to you the writing above the door…
SueTaBagSue CaPee
Now read that three times fast, and you'll see it really does sound like Starbucks Coffee! Yes, even in Korea, you can count on the world famous Starbucks to offer a little bit of comfort and holiday cheer! Sadly, they don’t have gingerbread or eggnog lattes on the menu here, but we still found a few things to satisfy our caffeine cravings.
No girl’s day would be complete without a quick stop by a coffee shop, right? Oh, and yes, we are nerding ourselves with the peace fingers. Hey, when in Korea, do as the Koreans…smile and say “kimchi”!
While we were strolling through Insadong, we heard a sound not commonly found on the streets of Seoul. The strains “Peace Like a River”. We found this group of Christian gospel singers, cheerfully singing away on the street to all the passer byers. We stopped to listen, and before we knew it we had been recruited to join their singing. So there we were, 3 American girls happily singing away on the streets of Seoul. After all, it is a bit of an infectious song isn’t it?

I've got peace like a river
I've got peace like a river
I've got peace like a river in my soul
I've got peace like a river
I've got peace like a river
I've got peace like a river in my soul

I've got love an ocean
I've got love an ocean
I've got love an ocean in my soul
I've got love an ocean
I've got love an ocean
I've got love an ocean in my soul

I've got joy like a fountain
I've got joy like a fountain
I've got joy like a fountain in my soul
I've got joy like a fountain
I've got joy like a fountain
I've got joy like a fountain in my

While Michael did really good taking care of all 3 babies today, he was slightly hairied by the time we got home. Truly, understandable. Who wouldn’t be a little over whelmed caring for 3 toddlers under 2? After what I’m sure was a very long day (although, he won’t admit it) Michael deserved a night out. He and Kevin headed to a local bar in town where they craft the cups from ice. Clearly the pink part of the cup is plastic, after all, you have to have somewhere to hold, but the rest of the cup is totally ice. I think the guys had fun unwinding after a busy day!
After you finish using your ice glass here, so throw it at a target on the wall, and watch it shatter and melt.

No comments: