Saturday, June 27, 2009

January 3- Snow bunnies head back to the slopes


We went back to Oak Valley today to try our hand at sledding again. Well, the verdict is, perhaps Sterling doesn’t just love the snow yet. Scratch that, he likes the snow, but she doesn’t like the sled. I’m sure he’ll warm up to it by the end of the season. The first time we put him in the pool last year he was a little nervous, but by the end of the summer he was running head first into the waves and blowing bubbles in the water. He may just be one of those slow to warm up to new situation types.
He’s much happier just to sit and fling snow into the air. Maybe we’ll work on building a snowman!
I have to share with you another of my favorite things. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the kids’ hats from one of my favorite sellers on Etsy. I’ve had this store marked in my “favorites” for over a year, but have never ordered from them. Their hats are so cute, but that’s exactly the problem! They have too many cute hats to choose from! I finally decided the monkey hats were absolutely appropriate for my two lil’ monkeys! Check out all their other fun hats at: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=87711
I do make a warning. All hats are handmade when you order, plus they’re coming from Canada, so it does take a few weeks to receive your order in the mail. But I think they were well worth the wait!
I can’t believe there’s a Dr. Fish at the ski resort! Leave it to my child who is fascinated by all living creatures big and small to love Dr. Fish. I took Ella and Sterling in just so they could see the fish. Sterling was interested for a few minutes, and then he was ready to leave. Ella on the other hand was fascinated. She was whining when I made her leave so we could go eat lunch, and spent the entire time we were eating getting up and trying to walk next door (where the fish were). We’d sit her back down, and she’d look at us with contempt and say “fish?” After we finished eating I had to take her back to see the fish one more time. This time no one was in there, and the lady working there said it would be all right for Ella to put her feet in the water. Let me just mention these fish are nothing like the piranhas we encountered in Seoul! Ella put her feet in the water and would hold very still until one or two fish would come up to nibble, then she’d go crazy laughing and kicking, and splashing water everywhere. She thought this was the funniest game of tickle she’d ever played. She loved it. Really. It took me nearly 15 minutes to build up the courage to put my feet in the water when the girls and I went to Dr. Fish the first time, but not Ella! She was all for it! I’ve been showed up by a 21 month old.
Sterling received his second haircut yesterday. No cutesy children’s barbershop here, he received the homemade variety! I actually am very impressed with myself. I managed to clip his hairs, and not his ears, and I don’t think it looks half bad. This was all a big feat with a squirmy toddler! A bit bowlish, but I never claimed to be a hairdresser!
While we're on the subject of Sterling's hair, I'm undecided on what color I think it is. Maybe dark blonde? Maybe not? Maybe brown? Some people say blonde, but when he stands next to his nearly white headed sister, I have a hard time deciding. He will probably have brown hair as an adult, but what color is it now?

No comments: