Saturday, May 30, 2009

These kids are genuises!

I'm not kidding. Today they both blew me away.

I get these weekly e-mails telling me...."your baby is x weeks old and this week they should reach such and such milestone." Well, today when I read it, it said "soon your baby will show a preference for you by reaching for you." Well, they must have been looking into a crystal ball when they sent me that e-mail, because guess what Ella did today? She was in her swing napping, and I was trying to tip toe around her. I looked down and there she was smiling up at me, and stretching her arms out towards me as far as she could! I thought, no way! So I walked away to see if she'd do it again, and sure enough she did it three more times. I couldn't believe it! I was afraid the child was going to fall out of her swing she was stretching so far.

Then Sterling was sitting in his swing next to Ella, watching his new Baby Einstein DVD. His Grandmother had sent the Baby Einstein "Baby's First Moves" to Korea before we arrived. It says it's for 6 months and up, but I was soooo tired of all the other Baby Einstein DVDs they watch that I decided to break this new one out today. Sterling was especially delighted with the new DVD because it has the "If you're happy and you know it" song on it. That's one of his favorites. He loves when I sing it to him- he gets so worked up, screaming with laughter when I clap my hands. So he was very focused on the new DVD and sucking on his pacifier. Well, Sterling is a very spitty baby, and sometimes if he has a pacifier in his mouth, he may not spit it out when he spits up. I won't go into detail, but this makes for a very messy situation. But here's where he blew me away today. I watched him remove his pacifier with his hands, spit up, then put the paci back in his mouth. Again, I couldn't believe my eyes- that's an incredible amount of dexterity at this age! Now to get him to not spit up so much.......

No comments: