Saturday, May 30, 2009

Press one for English

For the past couple years now, I’ve been a little resentful anytime I’ve called a 1-800 number, only to be directed to press one for English or two for Spanish. My reasoning was, even though the United States has no national language, I felt like if you came to our country, you should learn to speak the language that is most commonly used. Well, I’ve changed my mind now. I guess our forefathers really did know what they were doing after all!

We’ve been having internet troubles for a little over a week now. It comes and goes. Sometimes we have a perfectly fine connection, but other times there’s absolutely no connection. I have no clue what’s going on, and to compound this problem, I can’t just call the cable company and have them send someone out to fix it! The cable company here doesn’t offer to press one for English, or any other language aside from Korean! It’s so frustrating being in another country and not being able to make a simple phone call for basic utilities. So, I‘ve changed my mind, if I have to keep pressing one for English, I’ll gladly do it, and know that somewhere some woman is glad to be able to press two for her own language. In the meantime, I guess I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed for a connection.

The moral of this story is- you now have a lot of reading to do to catch up on all my latest entries!

No comments: