Saturday, May 30, 2009

The return of the toe ring

For anyone who has known me for a number of years, they’ll appreciate this entry!

I’ve had a toe ring on my left foot for a number of years. Since 1999 to be exact. It’s the same toe ring, and I’ve never taken it off. It’s stayed on through pedicures, surgeries, formals, banquets, and other socials. I've even been in weddings and worn it, including my own wedding! Yup, it was on underneath my beautiful wedding dress! I even managed to avoid swollen feet through pregnancy, and continued to wear my beloved toe ring. It was a part of me. I sometimes think if you x-rayed that toe, it would show an indention in the bone where this little toe ring has been for 8 years. I was finally forced to take my toe ring off for the c-section when the babies were born. I was devastated. I was almost sadder about taking my toe ring off than I was about taking off my wedding rings. Almost. Not quite, but almost. Then in the commotion following the arrival of the twins, I never was able to find my toe ring again. I’ve been mourning its loss ever since.

Guess what showed up today in the bottom of my change purse?! THE toe ring! Oh happy days! It’s back. It’s back on my foot, and I feel complete again! I’m not kidding; my toe actually feels right again! Who knew a little piece of silver could have such an effect on a persons’ sense of balance? I just had to let everyone know all is right with the world again! (Actually, I’m sure there are several people who wish this stinking ring would have stayed gone…. it’s so tacky, tacky, tacky!)

No comments: