Saturday, May 30, 2009

July 11- Stranger Anxiety?

Isn't it a little early for these babies to start having stranger anxiety? Tonight I saw it for sure for the first time. We had a hail and farewell dinner to go to for one of Michael's co-workers. We timed it so the babies would be well fed and happy when we arrived at the restaurant. This was the first time most of Michael's co-workers had met the babies. One of the ladies Michael works with asked if she could hold one of them, so since Sterling was falling asleep, I handed her Ella. It was the same thing that happened on the plane ride here. She went from a smiling happy baby, to poking out that little bottom lip and screaming. Who knew a 4 month old could get stranger anxiety?

As a side note- I could barely eat anything at the dinner. When we arrived, Michael pointed out the dogs tied up in cages off to the side of the restaurant. Gay-go-gi. Yup, it's a delicacy here. So then I was afraid to eat anything! Luckily, they finally brought out bull-go-gi, which is very good. It's steak that you cook at your table over an open flame (Korean bar-b-que). I'm not that adventurous of an eater. I couldn't even eat the steaks from Larry last summer, because I was afraid I may have seen the cow they came from at some point in it's life (I'm told those steaks were very good).

No comments: