Sunday, May 31, 2009

September 01- Eating solids

We’ve jumped the gun by a few days, and started solids. The AAP recommends you wait until 6 mo. to start solids (although we started rice cereal a while ago), but today the babies had their first experience with baby food. I figured a couple days shy of 6 mo. wasn’t too big a deal. I have to say, I was surprised at how excited they both were about the Gerber Applesauce they tried. I had scooped a little baby food into a bowl, assuming they would share it. Well, Ella polished off that bowl in no time! So then I scooped more into the bowl, and began to feed Sterling. He loved it too! He started flapping his arms and around cooing in between bites. He finished off his bowl then cried for more! I had to scoop the rest out of the baby food jar for him. Guess you could count our first baby food experience as a good one. Okay, lesson number one in solids 101- Mommy needs to make sure all babies are wearing bibs! So far I haven't had to throw out one single outfit because of stains. I think that may be changing very soon.

No comments: