Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ella the criminal

That’s right. Ellabell is about to have a RAP sheet. Today we decided to get out of the house for a little while and go for a stroll around one of the local malls. We were in the OshKosh B’gosh store where Mommy was paying more attention to the denim overalls that were on sale than she was to the two dumplings in the stroller. After we paid for our overalls and left the mall I was loading Ella into the car, when I realized she had managed to snag an elephant beanie animal. Great. This meant Mommy got to go back into the store and try to explain to the nice sales clerk that her not yet 6 month old baby really did lift “Winks” the elephant (appropriately named, huh?). I’m not so sure the girl believed me, and of course, at that point I had to purchase the toy, since the tag was SATURATED in baby drool. $6.40 later and I’ve done nothing but encourage my daughter to be a shoplifter! So if you see Ella’s picture on “America’s Most Wanted” next week, you’ll know why- she’s a thief! What a proud day for her Mommy.

No comments: