Sunday, May 31, 2009

She's a ham for yams

Ella may have turned her nose up at bananas, but she certainly enjoys sweet potatoes! We tried the sweet potatoes for the first time today, and they were a hit. Of course, Sterling has not found a food he doesn't like. He literally inhales anything you put in his mouth, but his sister is a bit pickier. She has also figured out it's great fun to blow raspberries as soon as she has a mouthful of food. She sprayed sweet potatoes all over my face today... yum.
I guess at holiday meals Sterling will have the banana pudding, and Ella will have the candied yams (Mommy gets the pumpkin pie). She's more like her Aunt Jenn every day!
And this was Sterling watching as I fed Ella.
He watched every bite she took. I swear you've never seen a little baby boy so excited to eat solids. At least one of them is easy to feed!
Also, I have to confess, this exersaucer toy is the greatest thing I've ever purchased for the kids. It acts as a babysitter A LOT. There are so many interesting toys on it, I can put one of them in it and they'll stay completely entertained for at least 20 minutes. That may not seem like a long time to some, but with twins 20 minutes is almost a lifetime! Plus, I just found out that Evenflo makes interchangeable toys for this model exersaucer. I have already bought one new toy to replace a toy that was still a little too advanced for them. How great is that?

No comments: