Saturday, May 30, 2009

A new kind of window shopping

Anyone who knows me knows one of my great loves, and biggest weaknesses is I love to shop. I especially love to shop for baby and children’s items. Before we had our own little dumplings, I loved buying thing for our friends babies. Then when we got pregnant, I couldn’t wait to find out what we were having, so I could start shopping. Needless to say, I’ve enjoyed buying baby clothes (x2!), books, toys, etc. waaaaaay to much. Papa Joe Mattes would be disgusted if he knew how much money I’ve spent dressing these two.

Being in Korea has pretty much brought my shopping habit to a screeching halt. There aren’t any BABY clothes, or toy stores that we know of in Waegwan. There are a couple cute children’s stores, so Lorelai, Landon and Max (C.), may be receiving a few surprises, but there aren’t any baby stores. Of course, I can buy some baby clothes at the PX, but I’ve already heard complaints from other wives about the very limited selection of clothes the PX is able to carry.

So, I’ve resorted to internet shopping. The down side to this is, for some reason, a lot of companies say they ship to APO addresses, but they won’t ship to ours. And it’s impossible to find anyone who will ship large items to APO addresses. So, I spend a lot of time these days filling up my “shopping cart” on my favorite store’s websites, with all the cute things I would love to buy if I was in the states, and then I just leave the website, and empty my cart. It’s actually a really good thing! It’s like window shopping on the web! I wish I would have started doing this while I was still living state side, I could have saved myself tons of money! I highly recommend you try this next time you want to buy something “just because it’s cute.” And go big! Order that 40 carat flawless, diamond necklace from Tiffany’s, the fall collection of Jimmy Choos from Bloomie’s, or even that mink from Bergdorf’s. It’s so much fun; I really think you’ll be so tickled with your “purchases.” Who knew window shopping could be so much fun?

No comments: