Saturday, May 30, 2009

July 19- Happy Anniversary to us!

Four years ago this evening, all our friends and family gathered as we exchanged vows. Wow, it feels like that was maybe a year ago!

We had a nice anniversary. Michael did REALLY good. I didn't think we'd have much of a celebration, since Michael's ankle is hurt. I made dinner, which these days is a really big deal- I never have time to actually cook a full meal anymore. But when Michael came home from work, his Cpt. had to help him get up the stairs, he was so loaded down with anniversary surprises! I couldn't believe my eyes!

First off, I have to brag about our anniversary cake. Every year, I've ordered us an anniversary cake. A miniature version of a wedding cake. Some have been just beautiful, like the one Beth Doyle made for us for our first anniversary, and some have really left something to be desired- like last years cake. Last weekend while I was out with Michael's co-workers, I saw the most beautiful little cake on display in the ice cream store window. It was a little pink stacked heart cake, with little chocolate hearts all over it. So, all week, I've been trying to figure out how to go and buy this cake with out Michael knowing about it. But logistically, it was just impossible to call a Korean taxi, get both babies out of the apartment and down the stairs without dropping anyone, and get down to this store. So, I just decided it wasn't meant to be this year. I never mentioned any of this to Michael, but guess what cake he brought home? The one! The cutest cake in all of Waegwan! I couldn't believe my eyes when he showed up with that cake. Great minds think alike! Now I know why I married this guy. And this is kind of interesting. The cake is not just some pretty cake, it's actually called a proposal cake.

He also brought home two really unique rose bouquets. The way the Korean florists wrap their flowers for presentation is really interesting. No plastic wrap here!

Isn't this a neat way to wrap flowers up? I know I probably look crazy, but I put them in the vase just like that! And lastly, he got me some really unique anniversary gifts. They're all handmade traditional Korean art. I told him I think these are probably my favorite anniversary gifts ever, because I'll always remember where we spent our 4th anniversary.

So, we had a wonderful anniversary after all, in our little apartment in Korea, with our two sweet babies!

Oh, and I have to add- Happy 24th Birthday to my brother, Billy! He was kind enough to share his birthday with us.

No comments: