Sunday, May 31, 2009

The exersaucer

Michael and I have been dying to get the kids an exersaucer for a while now. We ordered one to be shipped to Korea from Baby Universe on July 17th, but never received it. Needless to say, I DON’T recommend you buy anything from Baby Universe. After a great deal of correspondence with them, the exersaucer still hadn’t arrived as of the day we left Korea.
I was so happy yesterday to go to TARGET (I Heart Target) and buy an exersaucer! I decided I’d put it together after I put the kids to bed so I wouldn’t have to stop mid-assembly and lose any pieces. Well, we went to visit Mom at the hospital, and didn’t get home until after 10pm- don’t worry, I’m not a bad Mommy who lets her babies stay up that late, they’re just jet-lagged. But I did have them in bed by 11pm, and began working to put the exersaucer together.
Let me begin by saying when I opened the box, which read, “some assembly required,” all 67 pieces fell out! I should have known at that point I was in trouble, but I moved forward with the assembly. How hard could it possibly be? The box was misleading, it shouldn’t have read “some assembly required,” it should have come with a disclaimer warning that if you don’t have a degree in engineering you might as well give up now while you still have your sanity. I pushed forward, not one to be easily defeated and by 1:30 in the morning I finally had an exersaucer. Why in the world didn’t I buy a used exersaucer that someone else had already had the “joy” of putting together? I’m such a first time parent; I didn’t want the kids playing in something that someone else’s baby had already drooled on and crushed cheerios into. I guess I learned my lesson!
So, the kids had their first “exersaucing” experience today, and loved it! Ella kept trying to pull down the toys on the toy bar, and Sterling was fascinated with all the toys attached to the tray. I swear Sterling really did love his exersaucer. I just don’t know why this boy just looks perpetually concerned?! He’s such a silly little boy. Impressive drool, huh? I’m so glad they liked their new toy, and all my efforts and lost sleep were worth it! This is what all the excitement of exersaucing will do to a girl. She had as much fun as a girl could have, then took a nap!

No comments: