Friday, July 10, 2009

May 26- Our boring lives


A little bird (i.e. Michael) told me that if I keep posting pictures of the kids at this park, people are going to get bored reading my blog. Well, truthfully, we’re boring people. We spend most mornings at the park these days. It’s nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air and let the kids burn off some energy. And it’s free! So, it happens to be the backdrop to a lot of our pictures these days. I’m sure there are a few grandparents out there who don’t mind the monotony of seeing the same park in picture after picture…they’re more interested in the subjects in the pictures anyways! So here’s your chance to navigate away from this blog if you’re tired of park pictures. I won’t be offended, I swear! Otherwise, enjoy!
The best way to slide? With your twin by your side!
Ready, set, go! Getting ready to plummet down the slide.
Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you!
And then there were two. A pile up on the slide.
Can you tell she loves this slide?
I guess our shyness around other children has passed? Or maybe it’s just that they’re intimidated by Caucasian, English speaking children and not Korean children? Who knows? We were making friends left and right at the park today. Lots of preschools/daycares have started frequenting the park now that the weather is so nice. It’s great fun for Ella and Sterling to run around and mingle with the other little kiddies. I love watching them! Every child Ella sees she says “Hi, friend” or “Awww, cute baby” to him or her.
Oh, the glory of sand! It’s messy like dirt, but a whole lot more pourable. What more could two rambunctious toddlers ask for? Thankfully Mommy learned her lesson last weekend and remembered to pack a bag full of toys to play with in the sand box.
What is it? A swimming pool? Hum, we think we’d like to go swimming in here. (Too bad that isn’t happening!)
We turned on the sprinkler for the kids to run through late this afternoon. Does it make me a terrible mother that I thought it was hilarious the first time they got sprinkled with water and weren’t expecting it? After the first shower they knew to expect the water and spent most of the time running from the sprinkler, not into it.
Ahh, the pleaseures of summer...juice pops!

No comments: