Wednesday, July 8, 2009

February 21- Look what I found!


Girl Scout cookies! Hooray! Today Sarah and I made a quick jaunt up to Seoul for some minor shopping. While we were there we found the Girl Scouts selling cookies at the PX. You have to understand my love of Girl Scout cookies. A former Girl Scout myself (for a number of years) I have many fond memories of selling these cookies. Every spring my mother and grandmother would stock their freezers full of all the remaining cookies my sister and I didn’t sell and by mid summer we had a delicious treat long after Girl Scout Cookie time was over. I was so happy to see the Girl Scouts on base for a number of reasons. First and foremost because I can’t imagine a year with out Girl Scout cookies. Secondly because I’m so glad to see these girls having the opportunity to participate in a national past time while stationed far away from home. Unfortunately, being an over seas base, these girls only receive a certain number of boxes to sell each year. There is no preselling allowed. By the time I found the Scouts, they had completely sold out of Samoas! My favorite! I think they’re called Caramel Delights this year. So, if you have a daughter selling cookies, please feel free to send her our way! We’d love to buy a few boxes of Samoas from her!

No comments: