Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Impromptu 2-year photo shoot


You may have noticed in our birthday party pictures that Sterling wasn’t wearing a matching outfit to Ella’s. I had originally ordered them exact matching outfits with little animals smocked across the top. Ella’s little dress made it here in time, but Sterling’s outfit didn’t arrive until today (you may have also noticed that luckily we had an acceptable back up outfit thanks to Grammy). Boo! I swear the mail situation here is the bane of my existence. I know I should be grateful for the mail service we have in place today…I can only imagine how lonely and isolated the first American soldiers to arrive in Korea felt. On the same token this is the year 2009! You would think by this day in age I’d be able to get a stinking jon jon for my son to wear on his birthday in less than 3 weeks! Don’t even get me started on the winter jackets we ordered at the beginning of January to take with us to China…they arrived this week also. I swear, living here has brought a whole new meaning to “the slow boat to China”…that’s the boat all of our mail seems to end up on.
Anyhow, Sterling’s birthday outfit arrived today, so this evening when Michael arrived home from work with our mail, we decided to have a little impromptu birthday photo shoot. We’ll be going back to the photographer who shot our 1-year pictures to have 2-year pictures made very soon, but in the mean time, enjoy this little homemade preview!







No comments: