Friday, July 10, 2009

May 20- A morning at the park



I just had to include this comical picture. It’s so typical of our lives! I was trying to get a picture of them sliding down the slide side-by-side, but my camera didn’t fire until they’d already reached the bottom…and were headed in opposite directions! I swear I get an even better work out than they do when we’re at the park. I’m always running in two different directions! The other week there were two little old ladies sitting on a park bench watching us and having a marvelous time laughing at them always going in two different directions. It really is comical from the outside looking in.
Yes, it terrifies me to watch my child climb like a monkey. For the obvious reason that I don’t want to see her fall and get hurt, which I understand is all part of the growing up process, but also because she can climb the jungle gym. The fact that my tiny little babies are now big enough to try such daring acts scares me almost equally as bad! Now I can only imagine how my mother felt knowing her daughter was bridge jumping into Lake Lanier!
Scarily, they’ve learned how to climb to the top tier of the playground equipment unassisted where the biggest slides are. Scares the life out of this Mommy!
The thrilling ride down in the tube slide makes the climb up all worth it.
Weee!
What ya doing? Can I try?
There were some musicians practicing in the park this morning. We stopped to take in the free mini-concert and offer our applause.

No comments: