Wednesday, January 19, 2011

October 2010

After watching an episode of Ni Hao Kai-Lan, Ella decided she wanted to be a Chinese princess. Well, Chinese maybe not, but we have a Korean "princess" costume! She loved dressing up in her Hanbok, but it was a little bittersweet for me. Sigh. I miss Korea. Even a year later, I really and truly miss it.


We also took a hike on the TVA trail with our little buddy Ollie and his mommy, my good friend Tracy.
Built a really great sand castle out of some sand Daddy brought home for some brick repairs on the patio.
Headed to the pumpkin patch with some more friends.


And had a tough decision to make.
But we found the biggest pumpkin in the patch!
Spent some time flitting around downtown dressed as a fairy princess and a monkey with a banana on his head.
Actually, it was the Renaissance fair. I promise I try not to let my kids leave the house dressed as monkeys!

The kids had a Halloween party at school, and I created an awesome keto cupcake just for Sterling to celebrate with!

They danced the monster mash.

And then went trick-or-treating in the halls.
Then we had some friends over for chili and trick-or-treating with us.

Dressed as Little Miss Muffet and the spider who sat down beside her.

And frightened Miss Muffet away.

Who could be afraid of this spider?
We also had a trunk-or-treat and fall festival at our church.

Michael's "trunk" won first place for it's decorations!
The kids won second place for their costumes.

And although this is actually a November picture, I need to share it here. Ella woke up on November 1st with what can only be described as a candy hangover. She required her sunglasses to eat breakfast because "the dining room was too bright".

No comments: