Friday, December 18, 2009

July 31- Hailing and farewelling

Well, big news for our family. We're leaving Korea. We've purchased a home stateside, and the kids and I will be leaving shortly. Michael will follow in October when his tour here is finished. I'm a mix of emotions about this move. While I'm horribly excited to be a homeowner, and can't wait to actually SEE the home we've just signed our lives over for 30-years for, I'm heartbroken to be leaving this beautiful country. Oh how I'll miss Korea! I couldn't imagine that when we first came to Korea in June '07, but now I'm devastated to think I may never see this land again. So, you may have to bear with me as I take pictures of little nothings that mean something to me. Like playing at Pizza Hut...

Or the road signs leading to our house...

Sigh. Tonight Michael's company had a hail and farewell. The new First Sergeant has arrived to take Michael's place. It was held at our favorite Korean restaurant, so the kids were thoroughly entertained the whole evening.









The First Sergeant of the ROK Army had some highl praises to send Michael on his way with.

This is my friend, and our neighbor, Irina. She and her husband, Jack, are expecting their first child at the end of the summer. Doesn't she look beautiful? No woman should look so stunning, in HEELS, when 8-months pregnant! It's not fair to the rest of us!

After all the hailing and farewelling, we got down to the business of eating. And eat we did! I've never stopped being amazed by the amounts of delicious foods on the Korean dinner table!






After the dinner, a few people came over to the house, where it was attempted to teach Ella and Sterling how to play poker. Good luck with that, folks!

No comments: