Monday, January 9, 2012

November 2011

The first weekend in November found us in Mississippi, where I felt compelled to have a mini photo shoot with my growing twosome. 


Such little models, hahaha. 


We were in Mississippi so Ella could be a flower girl in her Aunt Tia's wedding. She took her role very seriously and LOVED the honor of being a member of the wedding party!
Congratulations to the happy couple, and welcome to the family, Peder. 
My pretty little flower girl watching the wedding on Grandmere's lap. The setting was beautiful...a lake shore at sunset. 
The new, larger family.
When we arrived home from the wedding, Sterling and Ella found the best surprise of all waiting for them...daddy! This was their faces when he walked out of the house. And then my camera battery died, of course. As it turns out, God simply does not want Michael in Kuwait. After being there for about 2 weeks, things just didn't work out, and Michael came back home to two very surprised and very happy little children. 
We had the opportunity to visit a friend's horses. One of her mare's had just foaled a brandy new baby boy. How sweet! 
Sterling just loves, loves, loves horses. We saw this last month when his class visited a farm with a horse, and again this month with this little outing. He has no fear of the large animals, although maybe he should have a little more fear. 
 Our family, all back together!
Admiring the brand new colt from afar...
...and up close. Way too close for mama mare's liking. He slipped through the fence while we were all admiring the baby. We had to get him out of there QUICK! Luckily, the mare was very patient and didn't take a nip at the little boy getting too close to her baby. 
Ella likes horses too. Maybe not as much as her brother, but she definitely liked petting their noses.
 Why, hello Mr. Horsie. 
This boy should have been born on a farm! Look at the pure joy on his face. 
The weekend before Thanksgiving, I had the pleasure of attending an Emmaus Walk thanks to my dear friend and associate pastor, Joy. Sorry, she hijacked my camera and phone before the walk, so this is my one and only picture of us at a Waffle House in some middle of nowhere town beforehand. I hope she reads this and A) Doesn't kill me for posting this pic, and B) Knows how much I appreciate her sponsoring me on my walk. Love you Joy! Oh, and did I mention that while I was away for the weekend Michael was at home with the kids for 3 days? It was the first time I've ever left them for a number of days. Okay, actually, it was only the second time in their lives that I've left them overnight! But, I think they all had a good time together, and no one lost any limbs. Thanks honey!
Sterling's wonderful, awesome school had a family Thanksgiving supper. Ella loves any chance she gets to join his classroom, so it was a real treat for her to attend. 

Of course, you know who Sterling was happiest to see at his lunch...daddy. He's been telling everyone his daddy is in Kuwait for the past month, now he's had to start saying, "My daddy not in the Kuwait anymore! My daddy come home!" 
I'm afraid this is the only lone picture from Thanksgiving. I didn't cook this year, as we had no one to celebrate with. Instead, Michael, the kids, and I delivered 13 meals to people in the area in need of a hot meal. Sterling had also had a stomach bug the day before, so he wasn't really feeling 100%, so no family pic this year, sorry. 
We had an after Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving celebration at Grammy's house with Maddox and Lucy. The kids had no idea what day it was and were just as happy to celebrate Thanksgiving after the fact with their two best friends. 

On my birthday, Sterling had an appointment with his epileptologist. What a wonderful birthday gift it was to take my healthy, vibrant, energetic boy in with 15 months of seizure freedom to see one of the doctors who has played a tremendous role in his recovery. Yes, I still hold my breath when I say "seizure freedom" and send up a few fervent prayers, but as I type this, life is good for Sterling. Life is great actually. And after this appointment we've been given the green light and new prescription to begin weaning his zonegran which he's been on since February 2010. Praise God for healing this little boy!
We also started a children's advent study meeting in our home. The kids have had a wonderful time further exploring the birth of Christ through stories, and hands on crafts. 

Love that little tongue sticking out in concentration while he hammers. 

Sorry this month is short on pictures, but I think we covered the highlights of the month. Trust me, December will not be short on pics, I guarantee it. 

No comments: